Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Right About Time - Yesterday was a Great Day!

I was off from work yesterday, so I spent the day watching wall-to-wall TV news coverage of President Barack Obama's historic inauguration from the comfort of my couch. I sort of envied all the people who made the pilgrimage to Washington DC - they'll always be able to say they were there to witness this pivotal moment in time. But it was cold there - 26 degrees - and I don't do cold weather well, so I'm glad I could still view the occasion from home, with the heat turned up high. I felt chills at the moment when Obama took the oath of office, though the feeling of renewed hope warmed me as well. It's right about time for positive change to come to the U.S. and the world!

I did venture out in the cold for a moment, to the mailbox on our front steps. And I found a letter from SCBWI, confirming my registration for the NYC conference. I'd been feeling anxious that I didn't send in the registration in time, so I felt a warm rush of excitement as I ran back inside to call Ian to let him know that I got in. I emailed Kim last night to let her know, and she wrote me back with a big "WooHoo!" I'm sure we'll have a productive, informative, and fun weekend. It's right about time for me to take this step to help bring my writing to a higher, more professional level.

So I made it into the NYC conference, and the Obamas are in the White House. Yesterday was definitely a great day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment